Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independance Week

LOOKS LIKE WE MADE IT!

Venkat and I celebrated our first anniversary!!! He declared the day we married, our independance day! We have certainly enjoyed life's fullest challenges and blessings and we are certain that the best is yet to come!

We went to Tandoor for our anniversary dinner (OK, ya gotta try it). It seems we have made our most serious decisions there and it was fitting that we celebrate our first year of life there. Jyothi, (the owner) gave us a gift! That was totally unexpected.

We spent the 4th with my family - attending the 10th ward breakfast with my mom, Shawn, Wendy and the kids and a host of other people most of whom we didn't know. The breakfast has been going on for 30+ years.

In the evening we went for a barbeque with mom and the others. I thawed a HUGE steak and Venkat suggested it would cook better if we cut it, but noooo, I think I always know better and after flopping it on and off the grill a hundred times - we cut it and imagine that - it worked. (sorry honey, you do know best!).

abode was closed on Saturday. Cathie and I debated what the traffic would be like and decided that we would close . . . guess we'll never know.

Hope you had a great one, I know I did!








My nephew Spencer's new haircut . . . . wait for it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Are you dreaming of a BRIGHT Christmas? Abode is the place for you! Follow this blog and receive 10% off your entire purchase. 1720 S 900 E SLC, UT 84105 801-486-2633